Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Drake's Apple Fruit Pies

I have an embarrassing confession to make.

Every now and again, the vending machine at my work features Drake's Cakes.



That's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassing part is how excited I get when I see them.

I rarely go to the vending machine, and they rarely put the pies in there, and even more rare is when it is the apple pie. To have all those stars align, well, you can see how I would consider myself to be very lucky that day.

Yesterday, I passed by when the vending machine man was reloading and I saw that he had Drake's Pies. He was taking forever, and I think my lurking was making him nervous. I considered buying one off of him directly, but I felt like it would seem too desperate, so I didn't buy one.

This morning, I hoped my luck had continued. I approached the vending machine this morning with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

The end of the story is that I just finished both pies. I did it quick so no one would see me.

They are the worst snack I think you can eat - healthwise. But I love their fake deliciousness. And I'm going to the gym later.

When I was looking for a picture of the cakes. I found a website (links below) which is worth at least a few minutes of procrastination for those of you who do that. I imagine if you are reading my blog, then you probably do....

Snacks

Drake's

Superbowl pics tonight. Got home late last night and never made it off the couch to post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the first African-American jingle of Nat Williams and the Dry-Dells Drake's Fruit Pies commercial is now on You Tube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWP2Lg64Ns

Sing along!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 220 pounds on every page. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are approximately 240 dollars on every site. But completely I set this locate selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?