Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Book Recommendation: Life Is Meals

I've been reading this book that I got as a gift for Christmas.



I do get gifts that aren't food related, but they are few and far between.

This is a great train book, or one to pick up between books, as it basically a diary of days with short stories, facts, and tips about food. Each day no more then a page or two.

It is also a great gift because it is beautifully illustrated

Today's entry is an exchange from the play, The Importance of Being Earnest, tomorrow is about the benefits of chocolate, and when I randomly picked a page just now - July 21 is about Hemingway, the daiquiri, and its origin. Clearly, something for everyone.

In other news, I bought a small digital camera this past weekend. A little frustrated at all the extras you need to buy, i.e. a $40 memory stick. But I have a few pictures saved on the internal memory from a Chinatown lunch this past Saturday. Will post as soon as I figure out how to download onto my computer.

No comments: