Sunday, December 17, 2006

A New Look

Do we like the new look of the blog? They made me change the template and I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Let me know what you think, I might try some new ones on this week. I'm also trying to figure out the new system which has been a pain in the a@#. So bear with me.

Ok, so I know it is a little late but here are my Thanksgiving pictures with some comments...am I the only one who thinks this fall came and went too soon. I refuse to give in to the natural progression of "time." I'm going to pretend like Thanksgiving was yesterday. Play along with me.

The day started (and always starts) with my Mom's famous crumb cake which is pretty much all crumbs.



Drinking began at 12:30 with Champagne Cocktails. Easy drink with a lot of complexity. Place a sugar cube in the bottom of a champagne glass. Add 2 or 3 dashes of Angostoura bitters. Top with champagne. The drink gets better with every sip.



Then on to appetizers from Arthur Avenue. Some prosciutto bread and green olives.



A well made antipasta is a true art form.



There is nothing better then the smell of turkey cooking.



Except a well carved turkey.



Ok, who can honestly admit that they like real cranberry sauce better then the canned kind? The canned stuff is one of the true great wonders of this world in my opinion. Sorry for the sideways picture, I can't really figure out the new blogging instructions.



Here is the table, beautifully set.



And here is my plate. How good does all of this look?



Finally, to cap off the weekend in my family's fantastic tradition of eating way too much cured meats, turkey sandwhiches on Friday with thick cut bacon.



Thanks to the brother and sister-in-law who put on a great T-day.

Tomorrow I post about California.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious - I've had that crumb cake before (YUM, not sure it's really a cake. Think you should just call it "Crumb"). Not sure about the new look of the blog... Do you have to do black background? Think I just have to get used to it. ps - you sure do go to a lot of weddings! :)

JRoinNYC said...

THanks for the feedback. How's the background now? Better?

Anonymous said...

Going along with your comment about "giving in to the progression of time" (it's 12/30 and I'm also pretending Thanksgiving was yesterday). Loved hearing about how much you enjoyed Thanksgiving!!! Are you hosting it next year??? Just kidding :) Your family loves your company and your goodies!

JRoinNYC said...

Anonymous - I would love to host Thanksgivign next year as long as everyone is ok eating in shifts! I think I can fit about 5 people in the apartment at a time!